There are a lot of choices out there when it comes to choosing what type of hard surface you want to use in your home. If you're like most homeowners, you travel to the local showroom and you find hundreds of products to choose from. There are laminate, wood, man-made materials, and natural stone, made by Mother Nature, and it all comes in every color under the rainbow.
To further complicate matters, certain products can only be used for floor, and some products have many uses. Limestone is one of those products that has many uses. From counter-tops to floors, back splashes to shower cubicles, the benefits of limestone tiles are almost endless.
This natural stone is a popular choice for many reasons. While the reasons why you should consider limestone floor tiles in your next project are almost endless, here are five that show the versatility in the product.
1. Limestone flooring has a distinctive look and natural beauty. With a wide range of colours to choose from, they are equally stunning in traditional or contemporary settings. They also work equally well in a formal, or more casual setting.
2. The limestone flooring tiles can be used in basically every room in your home. Flexibility is one of the key benefits If you're replacing a bathroom floor, or even a kitchen back splash, be sure to consider limestone floor tiles for surface. Its flexibility makes it a great product for all your design needs.
3. It is a natural product. With the growing interest in reducing our carbon footprint, using stone tiles is becoming a popular way of doing that. Since it doesn't require any manufacturing, your impact on the environment will be lessened.
4. They are hard, oil resistant, and have low porosity. Limestone floor tiles offer a very durable solution for high traffic areas and ensure your improvements are in great shape for a long time to come. With the beauty and durability of limestone floor tiles, you will be satisfied for many years to come.
5. Limestone is easy to maintain and is very hygienic as it does not allow bacteria to grow. This makes it perfect for kitchen or bathroom due to the moisture typically found in those rooms. You will be able to keep it clean with ease, and not have to worry about mold and other bacteria because you chose limestone flooring.
You will love your stone floor, counter-tops, shower surround, or anywhere else you decide to use limestone tiles. And in the event that you decide to place your home on the market, you will get a nice return on your investment!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Stuart_Panter