You know your Anderson floor can easily outlive you, but what would it hurt to give it a little tender loving care every now and then? Why not give it a longer lease on life? When you do, you can reduce the rate at which floors naturally begin to show their age.
Below are some tips that will help you preserve the beauty of your Anderson flooring. They're easy to do, and won't take more than 5 to 10 minutes of your time.
1. Remove spills straightaway. Use a soft material to wipe it off.
2. Never damp-mop or wet-mop your floor. This will damage the flooring and void warranties. You don't want that to happen, do you?
3. Avoid liquid or paste wax, oil soaps, and household cleaners that contain lemon oil, silicon, ammonia, or tung oil. These ingredients will have a negative effect your floor's ability torecoat.
4. Put protective pads under furniture legs, especially heavy ones. This will reduce the dents and scratches furniture usually makes on floors.
5. Position rugs on pivot points and high-traffic sections of the house, and be ready to rearrange these rugs every so often. This will help ensure your floors age evenly.
Remember, you have wood for a floor. Wood ages, so help yours age with grace. Anderson flooring is durable, beautiful, and strong. But if you put it through so much use and abuse, it may not last as long as expected. Give your floor some tender loving care, using the tips I've shared above. You won't regret it, especially when you see the results on your flooring.
Considering your Anderson flooring options? Wendy Hubble is an expert on Anderson flooring and a contributing writer of Flooring Central. Check out the website for more info on how you can slash 80% off the price of your discount hardwood floor!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Wendy_Harrelson_Hubble